Once in a while we all get to the point where we need a few extra bucks to pay off a bill or maybe just purchase a desired item. And a lot of the time we can’t think of how to pull in the extra cash to do so. In this article I will show you ten ways that you can make a little extra money. And a few of the listed ways can be used over and over to continuously rake in extra money whenever you put in the time.
10 Ways to Make Money on the Side:
1. Hold A Garage or Yard Sale – This is a very simple concept. All you have to do is get together personal belongings that you no longer have use for, slap a price tag on them, advertise your upcoming sale and then collect the cash. Depending on how much stuff you have to sale and/or the quality of items you are selling you can easily pull off a few hundred dollars in just a day. Use your local newspaper, Craigslist, and post signs around your neighborhood to alert others of your sale.
2. Sell on eBay – Selling on eBay has exploded over the years. It’s a very simple process and can often pull in more profit than if you were to pawn off unwanted items or even hold a yard sale. One downfall to using eBay, though, is the fact that they have increased fees quite a bit the past few years. Listings aren’t exactly very cheap. And you can’t always to expect to make a sale the first time you put your items on eBay. But there have been many who have made eBay into a very profitable online business.
3. Sell Handmade Products – If you have a knack for hand crafting products you may want to give Etsy.com a spin. Many people have made a decent income with Etsy. If your products become popular you could easily turn this into a business and keep bringing in profits for as long as you want. Fees on Etsy are very managable. It doesn’t cost nearly as much to sell on Etsy as it does services like eBay.
4. Write Articles Online – If you’re well versed and knowledgeable in specific topics or have an entertaining viewpoint on said topics you can find a good amount of success and revenue writing articles for pay. There are many services available online that will pay you for your articles. Some will pay a set amount up front for articles and others will pay you for every view your articles receives (this is the best option). A few sites that offer compensation for your writing are: Associated Content, HubPages, and Squidoo.
5. Paid Surveys – A lot of people see the words “paid surveys” and start running. It’s a common misconception that all paid survey programs are scams, but there are a few diamonds in the rough. A select few paid survey services actually DO pay. It’s easy many, too. Most surveys take around 10 minutes to complete. A few will take longer, but you can generally expect to spend around 10 minutes when completing a survey. The pay varies quite a bit, but most commonly stays around the $2-$5 range. A couple trustworthy sites to check out for paid surveys are OpinionOutpost and CashCrate.
6. Freelance Work – Freelance work includes a variety of different income sources. You can find freelance work writing blog posts as a guest poster, design websites, design logos and graphics, or even just answer phones. To find more information on this I suggest you head over to GoFreelance.com.
7. Sell Your Pictures – If you’re a skilled photographer you have a chance to make a good amount of money simply selling your photos to stock photo sites. Typically you’re paid for every download your photos receive. This can add up quickly. And if your photos are original and easy on the eyes, you can quickly rack up downloads. DeviantArt is a good place to start.
8. Sell Used Books – Have a library of dusty books laying around? You can easily turn it into a pile of cash. BlueRectangle will buy back your old books and text books. They pay pretty well, too. I sent in 8 books that I haven’t touched in months and got $43 in my PayPal account out of the deal. Not bad at all. And don’t worry, shipping is free. You will print a label that acts as postage.
9. Sell Used Cell Phones – If you have a collection of old cell phones that you think have absolutely no value anymore, you might want to check out SellYourCell.com. They accept over 500 models of cell phones and will pay you cash for them. No questions asked. It’s a simple 3 step process and can put extra money in your pocket.
10. Make Money Blogging – Blogging has become one of the most popular and one of the most profitable forms of online media. There are bloggers making full time incomes from their blogs. A few select bloggers even pull in a six figure salary with their blogs. That doesn’t mean it’s easy. Building up a successful blog takes time, consistency, and the will to keep going. If you have patience, blogging can become a large income source. Using ad services like Google AdSense makes it easy to earn a few extra bucks even on a personal blog.
That’s it! I hope these ideas help you out in making some extra cash. If you have an idea for making some extra bucks that you don’t see listed here, leave a comment and tell us what it is!