American Express is one of the biggest issuers of credit cards in the world. The company offers cards that are customized to meet the needs of all kinds of customers but mostly they cater to the needs of individuals with high net worth. At present, more than 100 million people around the world use cards that are issued by this multinational financial company. American Express has a very strong presence in most Asian countries including Singapore. It offers a range of credit cards that are very popular with residents of this island nation.
The top 5 American Express credit cards offered in Singapore are as follows:
1. True Cash Back Card – This card has been designed to help people with saving more money when they use the card for their daily expenses. A percentage of the amount spent with the card with be credited back to the cardholders’ account as cash back and so they can save money in the process. The cardholders will need to pay a little more than S$170 as annual fee for the card and they can also opt for supplementary cards for their loved ones to share with them the benefits offered with this card.
2. American Express Platinum Card – As its name suggest, this credit card comes with features that are designed for people with premier lifestyles and it can offer them with golfing, dining and travel benefits. Because of its worldwide acceptability, this card can be used at merchant outlets around the globe. The annual fee for the card charged is relatively high and so it may not be ideal for those who are looking for a card with low annual fee or other charges.
3. American Express Rewards Card – This is the ideal American Express credit card for those who want to earn reward points every time they use their card for any transaction. The reward points can be redeemed without any difficulty and on the website of American Express Singapore. The cardholders are offered with higher reward points when they use the card at some of the selected merchant outlets in Singapore. Only people aged 21 or above can apply for this card, which comes with a low annual fee of around S$50.
4. American Express Platinum Reserve Card – It is the ideal card for those who want to earn higher reward points for all of their purchases. It can the cardholders can earn up to 50,000 points in the initial 6 months of receiving the card by spending a specified amount of money. It is also very good for those who frequently dine out as it will offer them with discounts and other privileges at some of the top restaurants in the country. It does come with a high annual fee of more than S$500.
5. American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Card – This American Express credit card has been designed for those who travel by Singapore Airlines on a regular basis as they can enjoy discounts of air tickets and a range of other travel benefits. With every dollar spent with the card, the cardholders earn air miles and the accumulated air miles can then be redeemed for hotel bookings, flight reservations and other travel benefits. Only people with high credit score can apply for this card.